Watch BBC Two live in the US?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spyker3292, Jun 21, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I was trying to figure out how to watch www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/watchlive today so I could watch Top Gear Season 13 but... of course... it's blocked for the US. I tried to get Hotspot shield to work but couldn't get it to connect, then installed it on my PC and got it to connect, but couldn't watch BBC.

Any help?

2. iAtot macrumors member

so do u know who d stig is now? u probably dont

they just revealed who the stig actually is

3. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

You could try trying to watch it on iPlayer with Hotspot Shield on. The BBC are quite uptight about the whole online thing, cus it's really just another way to dodge paying the licence fee.

Of course, if you couldn't get it to work, I'm sure there are some ways you could download it via some sort of port for miscreants of the sea or something.

4. fcamilleri macrumors member

Be Chinese! Use a Proxy!

I mean, thats how they cross the Great Firewall of China on a daily basis.

Tor is a good proxy network, but you never know what country your IP will end up in (I was german and panamanian this morning.)

Proxies, though, are never as fast as your actual connection speed, so expect to buffer alot

5. fcamilleri macrumors member

lol tpb

6. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I don't think it appropriate on the board to encourage illegal activities. If the Brits have it closed, then there are reasons.

7. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

I did not encourage nowt. I simply pointed out that it's there.

The BBC's iPlayer is unavailable to people out-with the UK because simply you guys don't pay for it. In the UK, we have to pay £142.50 per year for our TV, because the BBC is public funded, meaning we have no adverts on any BBC channels, and we get iPlayer as part of that package.
    That is why iPlayer is unavailable outside the UK, and why you Americans cannot watch Top Gear and our heeeeeeeeelarious comedy shows.