Watch + Bluetooth Headphones Workflow

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kyor4, Mar 12, 2015.

1. kyor4, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

kyor4 macrumors newbie

Hey dudes, one of the ways I see myself using the watch the most is for music/podcast control. I'm probably going to buy bluetooth headphones because it would be great to be no-strings-attached.

If I want to start up some music, on say Spotify (assuming they make an app), using bluetooth headphones, what would you guess the steps would be?

Ideal:
    1) Turn on headphones, which connect to iPhone automagically
    2) Open spotify app on watch, select song, hit play

Realistic (?):
    1) Turn on headphones
    2) Pull out and unlock phone
    3) Wait for headphones and phone to pair
    4) Open spotify app on watch
    5) Wait for watch to pull up data from phone (I know there will be a little waiting in Ideal scenario too, but I included it here as "significant" waiting)
    6) Select song, hit play

Are there any other considerations that I might be missing in the "realistic" scenario?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that pair automatically with my phone every time, no fiddling required. The only reason I have to take out my phone is to start the music playing. Assuming there is a spotify app on the watch then your ideal scenario should work.

3. brokenarrow184 macrumors member

brokenarrow184

I'd say it'll be closer to your ideal scenario. My Bluetooth headphones also connect automatically as soon as I turn them on without touching my phone. I have to get my phone out anyways when I get to the gym to connect to their wifi. I'm really looking forward to controlling music with the watch though. I keep my phone in my backpack while lifting so if I need to skip a song I have to pull the phone out or to view a text.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Doesn't your bluetooth headphones have a function for skipping songs? It's usually something like press the volume button twice quickly or press and hold the volume button, or something like that.

And yes, after the initial pairing, my Bluetooth headphone connects automatically to my phone AND my ipad every time I turn it on.