Watch Camera app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FrisbeeK9, Feb 8, 2017.

1. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

This maybe an old feature but I just discovered it. iPhone 6 running iOS Beta 2 10.3 (14E5239e) and watch OS Beta 3.2 (14V5214d).

iPhone off in dress shirt pocket with camera sticking out. I open watch camera app from dock and I am allowed to open camera app on the locked off iPhone to take a picture and having the ability to zoom the camera lens. What a useful application, not the pocket picture taking but the ability to open the camera app from a locked iPhone.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That's been there since the beginning. Still waiting for the ability to do video that way.

3. FrisbeeK9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Cool thanks for the reply. Video would be just as useful

4. hxlover904 macrumors regular

I think being able to do video from the app would be great. It also seems that the apple camera app is the only one that can launch the camera app from a locked phone. Every other app I've seen, you need to launch the app to use the remote on the watch.

5. GoSUV macrumors member

Just a side note, in iOS 10, from a locked iPhone, if you press the power button, without putting your finger print on the home button to unlock it, you can still swipe to the left to access the camera app. For security reasons, only the pictures you took with the camera app opened this way will be visible, not the entire Camera Roll - until you unlock the iPhone then you can access every picture/video in your Camera Roll.

6. FrisbeeK9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

My son snaggs his sisters iPhone when left out and swipes left and leaves her with hundreds of selfies of himself. Yea both college age and the do it to each other. Pretty funny in an annoying way.