Watch Charging Cables in the Apple Stores

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by phototech11, May 4, 2015.

1. phototech11 macrumors member

FYI...I was in a Apple store last night and they were selling the 1m and 2m charging cable for the watches. I picked up a second to have at the office in case I forget to charge the night before.

Still waiting for bands....I know that will be several months away.

2. benguild macrumors 6502a

3. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Ooops , posted in the wrong spot .. please ignore ...

4. discorevilo macrumors member

If the store you went to is not already there, would you be kind enough to add it to the Store Accessories Wiki thread so that it's easier for others to find out?

Thanks!

5. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Which store is this btw? Garden State Mall in Paramus? thx

6. phototech11 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the long delay...the store was in Atlantic City, NJ

7. chris-jenkins macrumors newbie

Here in the UK they've had them available on launch day! Only the plastic version though not the edition charger.

8. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

Not to hijack the thread, but are people really running out of juice in a day on these?

I have an iPhone charger on every outlet in the house and at work (yes, overkill but I got fed up of moving them around), because my iPhone actually runs out of juice quite frequently. On the other hand, however, I only have one charger for my :apple:Watch; the one that came with my Watch! I just dutifully put it back in the white box and slap the charger on it!

9. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Mine lasts all day usually with 30-40% left.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I can't comment on the ones sold in the stores here in the UK as I saw them on display the last time I was in one of the Apple stores here but don't know which one was in the boxes. The additional one I preordered from their online store is the metal one that comes with the :apple:Watch or the stainless steel model which is the one I have. The one I got was the 2m one which is the same one that comes with the watch. It was £29.99 online.

----------

I usually put mine on around 8:30 AM and take it off and put it on charge around midnight and typically have around 40-60% left. I do make a habit of charging it over night though.

11. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

In the retail boxes, Apple only sells the metal chargers that come with the Standard and Edition models. At least that is how it is here in the US.