Watch contains port similar to Lightning connector

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hmm...very interesting. I'm curious what the small design changes are and if they'll be noticible. And now we know where the "assembled in China verbiage goes. Will be interesting to see if that's on every watch or just certain models.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/05/would-you-buy-a-smart-band-for-an-apple-watch/

2. cleirac macrumors 6502

Indeed. I am totally over with the prices forum activities. This is the first thing I asked in this sub-forum, if I remember correctly, where were/will the prototypes and the production AW will be made.

We have a few days to dissect this aspect. :D It is all over but the shouting. Where else can they make millions of AW? We will know for sure (exactly which facility, lol) or get some leaks later this month.

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Well it says assembled in China, not made in China so it's possible some of the bands are made elsewhere, or not all models are assembled in China. I'm sure the volume of Edition watches will be low enough and Apple can charge a higher price if they're not assembled in China.

4. cleirac macrumors 6502

I was thinking the bands could be anywhere. Maybe even mostly in Europe. How about the entire AW case itself? I think that's it! Except for the bands, everything else will be made or delivered then, yeah, assembled & packaged in China.