Watch deletes texts after charging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cobrab41, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Cobrab41 macrumors newbie

I use two Apple watches. A series 2 and a series 4 cellular. I use one while the other remains on the charger. About a week ago when I remove one from the charger and wear it, all of my texts delete automatically. This occurs on both watches. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have an idea of a possible fix?

2. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

3. Cobrab41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Phone and iPad are fine. They all remain. They actually stay on the watch for a minute or two after I put it on. But they delete shortly.

4. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

That's good.

First, I'd make sure that on your phone's Watch app, go into messages and makes sure it says Mirror my iPhone.

If it is already that, I'd trying unpairing and repairing both watches.

If that doesn't work, I'd go in to the settings app on my phone, go into my Apple ID, go into both of your watches and do "Remove from Account", restart your devices, then re-add the account to both watches.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'd do a reset on both watches, and set them back up from scratch.

5. Cobrab41 thread starter macrumors newbie

I’ve got them set to custom. But the only difference from my phone is I have the sound turned off. I’ll give the unpairing a shot later tonight. Thanks for the help.

6. Cobrab41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Weall I tried all of these and non of them have worked. This sucks. Such a pain to start new texts each time I change watches.