Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
this was working fine until I unpaired it and repaired it for another problem. Can't believe though that had anything to do with it but that was the only thing that was changed. It seems to read it every ten minutes or so as I believe it's suppose to but if I do it manually it never reads it and it says Try Again. I wear it the way I always have nothing changed there. I even cleaned the sensors on the back. No help. I have V Tac a racing heart condition so I check my HR quite often. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Well maybe, would like to try it and see?

Since somebody is trying to help you here, and it would only take you 2 minutes to try something out for them?
You are right I should. Never used it due to heart condition but I turned it on but know nothing about it. How do I see HR when using it. I looked but can't find it. Thanks. Sorry Julien. I should have tried it.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
You are right I should. Never used it due to heart condition but I turned it on but know nothing about it. How do I see HR when using it. I looked but can't find it. Thanks. Sorry Julien. I should have tried it.
I feel bad now!

Ignore me, just having a bad day at the office! :)

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

The Apple watch HR sensor is a little on the picky side and works best with the device tighter and moved up a bit on the arm. Once every 10 minutes when not in exercise mode is the best the AW will do and will not do that if your arm is moving. In exercise mode it should read continuous but using all day would have a big effect on the battery.

Tinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
I found out that if I turn on HR + Fitness tracking it works, which I don't remember ever changing. Do both of these have to be on for it to work. Also I turned on Activity now how do I turn it off. Probably simple but can't figure out how to do it and I read if this is on it runs battery down much quicker. Thanks everyone for the help.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
You need to turn on one of the Workout programs like Outdoor Run to get the HR sensor to run continuously. When you are done you stop the run and tell your watch to save it.

If you just want to check your heart rate, I have mine set up in glances and it will give you the last reading and when it was. It will also take a new reading and display it in 15-20 seconds.

Tinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Thanks everyone for your help. It's working now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.