Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
ok wanted to see if anyone else having this issue. When I go to the watch ESPN app on the Apple TV and go to channels id just sets there and spins "accessing ESPN." Its been doing it about a week or so now and never shows the channels. I have last years model 3rd gen not the "NEW" one. Thanks for the help.

mlseiber1976

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2013
i had that happen on saturday when trying to watch the TCU-Oregon game. I ended up just clicking on the game by pulling up the college football page from the main page. I have not tried it since as have not watched anything on the channel.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
This happened yesterday on our ATV3 which we have hooked up in the bedroom. I wanted to watch Sportscenter while getting ready to go out for brunch and I got the message "Accessing ESPN." I ultimately restarted the ATV3 and when I went back into the app after restart, the stream worked fine.

Reactions: imaccooper

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
This happened yesterday on our ATV3 which we have hooked up in the bedroom. I wanted to watch Sportscenter while getting ready to go out for brunch and I got the message "Accessing ESPN." I ultimately restarted the ATV3 and when I went back into the app after restart, the stream worked fine.

Happens occasionally to me and this is my solution. A quick restart may be annoying but it has always worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.