WATCH FACE CHANGE WITH A SWIPE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AUB1223, Nov 10, 2016.

1. AUB1223 macrumors newbie

AUB1223

I have found it very inconvenient that when the watch face is activated and if a touch & swipe left motion is done to the screen the watch face will change. I do not like this and would love to find a fix!! has anyone else encountered this issue. It started after the last update. just wanted to know if there was a plan to fix or bring attention to an issue I am having. Thank you tons!!!

2. cmbauer macrumors regular

cmbauer

I believe that is the way its designed. Not something that is a bug. I use it quite a bit. Have different watch faces for different things.

3. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

Yes, this is the way they designed it. A workaround that might work (I haven't tried it) would be to remove the other watch faces from your iPhone. Perhaps that way the watch won't have another face to switch to when swiping right or left.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You really have to swipe from edge to edge to switch watch faces. In other words, avoid the edges, and you won't switch faces.

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Prior to Watch OS3, changing faces required a Force Touch followed by swiping. Glances also required a swiping gesture to cycle through them. Now, swiping left/right is only used for changing faces from the current face. As Night Spring posted, it requires a full side to side swipe to change faces.

6. numberfour macrumors regular

numberfour

Can't you just delete all other faces than the one you want?

7. Resqu2, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016

Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I use two on a regular basis and that's all I have so swipe for one or the other. All the rest were deleted.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There is no fix. It's how it was intended.