Watch face changes all the time (seemingly at random times)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JWGold, Dec 18, 2018.

1. JWGold macrumors member

JWGold

Anyone else have the issue where their watch face changes randomly several times a day. I have a favorite watch face, but it seems every time I check the time, it’s defaulted to come other random watch face. I really wish it would stay on the watch face I choose. There must be a way to lock the watch face, short of deleting every other watch face that is. Anyone else have this issue?

P.S. I wear short sleeve shirts.

2. Sword86 macrumors regular

You mean, you can’t lock it on a default face?
    I have several faces but I’ve never preferred one over the other so I never know what to expect to see when I touch it. (I do not use raise to wake)
    Wouldn’t you think being able to hold a default face kind of, AW 101?
    You can’t? Really? S

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

AW face stays the same. AFAIK, the only way to change it when tapping the screen is by swiping.

I’m assuming you’re possibly tapping in a more swipey fashion rather than directly on the screen with no movement. If you don’t already, I’d encourage you to use Raise to Wake.

I might be wrong, but I don’t know of a way for the AW to auto change between faces.

4. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

Watch face shouldn't be changing randomly. Either 1) you are accidentally swiping (unlikely) or 2) there is a problem with your touchscreen.
    The only "face" that should change is if you have a photo face, which shuffles through the latest photos on your phone.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Same problem here. I accidently swipe the face all the time. There really needs to be a way to lock the face!!!

6. cwanja macrumors 6502a

If you never intend on changing faces, could you just remove the additional faces from the Watch app on your iPhone. This would prevent there being anything to swipe to? Not ideal, especially if you want to have multiple faces. But a solution if you only care to have a single watch face.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I remember accidentally changing watch faces all the time with my AW2 and AW3 models but it has only happened once on my AW4.