Watch face only displays a heart now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheWaitingRoom, Sep 22, 2016.

1. TheWaitingRoom macrumors newbie

TheWaitingRoom

before the new update my watch showed the heart rate number, now, it just shows a heart. Then I touch the heart and it shows me the number? Looked in settings and what not, I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

You've described normal behavior. wOS2 did not have a heart rate complication unless you were using a 3rd party one.

3. TheWaitingRoom thread starter macrumors newbie

TheWaitingRoom

So if I just used the apple heart app it would show it?

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I'm not really sure what you're asking. But there is a heart rate app that, if you launch, will show you your current HR and your most recent past HR. But Apple themselves does not make a complication that shows your current HR. There are 3rd party ones that do, however.

5. TheWaitingRoom thread starter macrumors newbie

TheWaitingRoom

Right. The one I use is heart watch. It use to show the number on the watch face. After the update it doesn't. It just shows a heart. I have to touch the heart to get the number. I was just wondering if it was like that with all heart apps. I would like to see the number when I glance my watch**. Do you know of a heart rate app that will display on glances like mine use to do?

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Another member pointed me to Cardiogram, which I like so far. The Cardiogram complication will show a recent HR number. Though, I am not sure how frequently it updates.

7. TheWaitingRoom thread starter macrumors newbie

TheWaitingRoom

Thanks.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Alright. Figured it out. Weird but it works now. Thanks.

8. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

HeartWatch by Tantsissa is very good and will display your heart rate. It also shows on the watch dials with information for 'Pulse', 'Regular', 'Workout', 'Sleep' and 'Speak'. Each will provide additional information. The iPhone app is also very well populated with health information.