Watch Face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhstoddard, Mar 30, 2015.

1. rhstoddard macrumors newbie

So far all of the photos of the watch show a black background for the various dials, complicatons, etc. Does anyone know whether one can set it to have a white background with black hands? Or would that use up too much battery power?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Apple advises developers to use a black or dark background so that the bezel isn't as obvious, so I doubt any of their faces will have light backgrounds.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Actually it is OLED. Black is 'free' and requires (almost) no power. White is the most power hungry color costing 3x as much power as pure red, blue or green at the same brightness. ;)

4. rhstoddard thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I feared. That could influence my choice of a watch/band. I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like a stainless steel watch with a simple white face & black hands, so assumed I'd get the Watch with the link bracelet. But if the watch will have only a black face, then maybe I will rethink it and consider a black watch/band combination, putting the space gray Sport Watch back in play as an option.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I distinctly remember seeing the chronograph face with a white background and black numbers and hands. The actual clock face was white and area outside was still black.

This was back in September during the initial unveiling.

6. rhstoddard thread starter macrumors newbie

So I guess I'll just have to wait...

7. parkds macrumors regular

This watch face, with the white dials, is shown half way down the Apple Watch - Timekeeping page, where the different faces rotate on the large image of the top half of the Watch. It is like the 3rd or 4th image in the rotation. They have also shown the chronograph face with navy dials previously.

http://www.apple.com/watch/timekeeping/

8. tomcos macrumors newbie

Yes, indeed - good catch. Here it is, from the Timekeeping page.

Attached Files:

9. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I thought they've shown off the ability to customize the color of the various bits...