Watch General Use Tips and/or Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dnitzsche, May 6, 2015.

1. dnitzsche macrumors regular

Post either general use questions or tips you've picked up along the way.

Question: With iPhone closed, I am only getting email and iMessage alerts (possibly untested others) on the watch. With iPhone open, I am getting them on the phone only. I am assuming this is normal?

Tip: Maybe obvious to some but, the Uber watch app defaults to the type of car you have selected int he app.

Side note: This watch is super comfortable, I would wear it if all it did was tell the time.

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Notifications show up on the device that is currently being used. So if your iPhone is in use, the notifications will show up there rather then on the watch.

3. dnitzsche thread starter macrumors regular

Got it. And simply wearing the watch counts as "in use" and disables notifications on the phone? I think I prefer this way, just wanted to make sure. I can see the double notifications getting annoying very quickly.

4. NikkiAngel macrumors newbie

Is there any way to handoff a call that you have answered on your watch to your iPhone? I accidentally answered a call on my watch, and then ended up having to call the person back on my phone because I wasn't sure how to transfer it. I was in my office, and didn't need my whole team hearing my phone call.

5. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

How do you mark an email as read so it propagates to other devices, like phone, from notification on watch? This has been really bothering me.

6. dnitzsche thread starter macrumors regular

On the topic of notifications: to clear all just force touch on the notifications page.

7. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

As long as you aren't using another iOS device when the notification comes in, it will go to the Apple Watch.