Watch in sauna/steam room?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by imaginex20, Apr 22, 2015.

1. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Do you guys think the Watch will be ok in the sauna or steam room? At my local gym I see tons of people using their iPhone and androids in there.

2. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

I honestly do not think it would be a good idea. At my gym, they actually prevent anyone from doing that.

3. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I definitely would not. I filled a £1200 Raymond Weil with condensation many years ago jumping from a cold pool to a hot one and back - the watch couldn't handle the expansion and contraction.
    Leave it in the locker I think.

4. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Once I brought my ipod touch in a dry sauna and got the over heating logo.
    Looked like this

Attached Files:

5. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

I get this with my phone every single day in the sauna. Buy apple care and don't sweat it (see what I did there? lol) :cool:

6. richard371 macrumors 68000

They wont let you wear a watch in the steam room? I have never heard of such a thing. Do they allow you to wear a towel at least lol?

7. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

He mentioned iPhones and Androids. Using cells are not allowed in the locker room at my gym.

8. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Ahh I'll just be cautious and not use it in the sauna. It would have been nice to not always have to take it off and on

9. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

And this is a very good point about the watch. Apple has not posted any of the environmental operating spaces of which I'm aware. I wouldn't expect it to have much of a tolerance for extreme cold or hot.

I had thought it would make a great solution for cold weather work, skiing, etc. since you wouldn't have to take your iPhone out of your pocket, and you could probably use your nose to tap the screen. But it may not operate at very cold temperatures.

But I would definitely keep it out of high humidity areas, especially heated humidity.

10. Watchin Macs macrumors newbie

I think that would be a bad idea. If Apple sees there's any water damage from the condensation they can refuse a repair.

11. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I literally just saw someone this morning take a selfie in there with their iPhone lol. I guess it's ok but I wouldn't risk doing it often, or at all really.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This reminds me of an identical thread in the iPhone forum asking the same question but with an iPhone.

13. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Seriously? I mean what will they show their friends, a sweaty face? Overboard

14. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Yea it was pretty annoying but my point was if the iPhone could withstand it, I don't see why the watch wouldn't given it's "water resistant" where an iPhone is not.

Still, I wouldn't risk bringing any electronics into a steam room.