Watch keeps going into silent mode

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by marklemac, Jun 16, 2015.

1. marklemac macrumors regular

marklemac

Hi guys,

My girlfriends Watch keeps going into silent mode.

She says she isn't turning that option on. How could it be getting into silent mode ?

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's not, that's not a current feature of the watch.

OP: Is she constantly holding her hand over the display? I've found that if I do this that sometimes it'll vibrate and go into silent mode.

4. marklemac thread starter macrumors regular

marklemac

I don't think she's holding her hand over the screen.

I've tried that on my own Watch and I can't make it go into silent mode that way ?

5. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Regardless, you may want to check the setting in the Apple watch app on the iPhone under Sounds & Haptics and uncheck the Cover To Mute feature.

6. usarioclave macrumors 65816

That happens to me occasionally. In fact, I just checked and it was silent. I think if my iPhone is silenced by pressing a button the watch drops to silent mode? I did that at least once today.

7. jomo25 macrumors regular

its likely the cover-to-mute feature. my wife has this issue too. when she crosses her arms, her right forearm actually covers the watch on her left wrist. this trigger mute mode and it doesnt come out of it unless you manually do it.

she's decided that mute mode is better anyways (she doesn't need the sounds from the watch).

for me, i have a similar issue in that when i cross my arms, sometimes it trigger the weather complication i have on the top left corner. so i often find my watch on the weather app, instead of the clock (and i have "wake to app" set instead of "wake to clock").