Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krazyleb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
Edmonton
I upgraded to watchos3. Had the best experience with a beta software ever with this watch.
For some reason, over the last few days. My watch has been resetting every time I receive a text message. It works long enough to receive the message then it reboots. When I try to open the messaging app on the watch, it just kicks me out.
I have tried resetting the watch. I have tried resetting the phone. I have tried re-pairing the watch with a backup and i've even tried re-pairing it and setting it up as a new watch. None of those options worked.
HELP??

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
I upgraded to watchos3. Had the best experience with a beta software ever with this watch.
For some reason, over the last few days. My watch has been resetting every time I receive a text message. It works long enough to receive the message then it reboots. When I try to open the messaging app on the watch, it just kicks me out.
I have tried resetting the watch. I have tried resetting the phone. I have tried re-pairing the watch with a backup and i've even tried re-pairing it and setting it up as a new watch. None of those options worked.
HELP??
I had that same problem. I erased phone and reinstalled the beta profile and upgraded that way and fixed the problem.

krazyleb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2015
Edmonton
I had this. After unpairing and pairing the watch again it fixed the issue.
I dunno man. I got some really odd **** going on.
I reset my phone and re-installed everything via icloud. That has fixed the random reboots. But now I got a different issue. Randomly during the day my watch face changes and I cant even select my go-to watch face. I see it in the phone app but when I select it my watch doesnt take it. I still get notifications through fine, just I cant get my personalized watch face back on.
[doublepost=1469418539][/doublepost]I am considering wiping my phone, wiping my watch. Not loading backup, setup from scratch on both phone and watch and see what happens.
Unless someone has a better idea. Kind of a pain my ass. I was having such a good experience with a beta for a change lol

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I dunno man. I got some really odd **** going on.
I reset my phone and re-installed everything via icloud. That has fixed the random reboots. But now I got a different issue. Randomly during the day my watch face changes and I cant even select my go-to watch face. I see it in the phone app but when I select it my watch doesnt take it. I still get notifications through fine, just I cant get my personalized watch face back on.
[doublepost=1469418539][/doublepost]I am considering wiping my phone, wiping my watch. Not loading backup, setup from scratch on both phone and watch and see what happens.
Unless someone has a better idea. Kind of a pain my ass. I was having such a good experience with a beta for a change lol

It is all about the joy of using Beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.