Watch me.com gallery video on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeeTom, Oct 7, 2008.

1. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Hey -
    I just uploaded a video (made in iMovie, exported to "mobile" quality) to my Mobile Me gallery, and emailed the link to myself. i opened it on my iphone, but the video doesn't show - it's just a blank page!

I emailed it to myself and I can see it (iphone's quicktime opens), but isn't me.com the one place that should probably support this? am i doing something wrong?

Lee Tom

2. LeeTom thread starter macrumors 68000

LeeTom

interesting - the video is unwatchable over 3G if the TINY encoding isn't added in.
    But beyond that, the video has to be viewable from the main gallery for it to work - the direct links that iMovie give you don't work on the iPhone. meh.

your 3 months are up apple, time to make this better than beta software!

Lee Tom

3. sbaudot macrumors newbie

Watch me.com gallery video on iPhone

It's an interesting idea, although one might argue that if this is your video and you fancy watching it on your iPhone, why don't you save it to .mp4 format and copy it via iTunes to your iPhone for offline watching?!?!
    This being said, it's true that me.com synchronization works OK for contacts, calendars, etc, but there is a very distinct feeling that synchronization with multimedia files is not there yet ....