LFC2020

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
Whenever I receive text messages or delete message on my iPhone, my watch still says I have unread messages, also the deleted messages on my iPhone stay on my watch, getting really annoying, got settings on watch app messages to mirror iPhone.

Anyone else having this problem watchOS 7.0.2? Was also doing it on 7.0.1.

Reactions: TheYayAreaLiving

DualShock

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Do you have iCloud Messages enabled? I've seen this behavior on my Apple Watch and Macbook before. There was an "old way" of having all of your text messages and iMessages delivered to all your Apple devices that support iMessage, though I don't recall what they called it. This "old way" would not sync between devices, so you'd have to delete messages on each device separately.

I'm not sure but I believe this all changed with iCloud Messages which allows true syncing. This requires using the same Apple ID for iCloud and iMessage, something that I had to fix after a backup / restore mishap that caused me to lose a few iMessages that arrived after the last backup.

Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
Do you have iCloud Messages enabled? I've seen this behavior on my Apple Watch and Macbook before. There was an "old way" of having all of your text messages and iMessages delivered to all your Apple devices that support iMessage, though I don't recall what they called it. This "old way" would not sync between devices, so you'd have to delete messages on each device separately.

I'm not sure but I believe this all changed with iCloud Messages which allows true syncing. This requires using the same Apple ID for iCloud and iMessage, something that I had to fix after a backup / restore mishap that caused me to lose a few iMessages that arrived after the last backup.

Not using iCloud. 🥺

Strange one since I’m mirroring my messages app in the watch app.

Hopefully apple find a way to make it work better.

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Was under the impression it only works with icloud on. Is there a reason you don't have it on?

FHoff

Contributor
Mar 21, 2020
Messages on the watch need to be deleted on the watch. They don’t sync a delete they never have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.