Watch not connecting to phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rorosbutt, May 15, 2017.

1. Rorosbutt macrumors 6502

View attachment 699855 Was gonna update to the new watchOS but when I go into the watch app to check it say "watch not connected." Fun fact: it is connected. The Bluetooth symbol isn't grayed out and I don't have anything else connected. Tried restart, hard restart, and updated to the newest iOS. Nothing.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Before you rule out not being connected, scroll down to Control Center on the Watch. In the upper right corner, do you have a cloud or a rectangle? If the former, then you are connected to the world via wifi and not to your Watch via Bluetooth. I'm sure you've done this but on the small chance you haven't...

3. Rorosbutt thread starter macrumors 6502

It's connected to the phone not wifi/cloud. Also, it doesn't even connect to the wifi/cloud! Lol both of these issues started today before iOS update.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Stating the obvious here, but you might have to unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone and then initiate a repair.

5. Rorosbutt thread starter macrumors 6502

Reset network settings, which I didn't want to do because now I won't auto connect to wifis I've used before. That plus me turning Bluetooth off/on and other fiddling around it finally connected. Guess something was stuck.