Watch not holding BT connection.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Newtons Apple, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Three times in the last week, twice yesterday I notice my 6+ all of a sudden making its notification sounds like it did before the AW. I pull my phone and under BT is show NO CONNECTIONS for my watch. It will not re establish the connect even when I click on the Apple watch under the BT setting. Only way to connect again is to turn the watch off and then back on.

I have unpaired and repaired twice and it does not fix the problem. The watch and phone are not being separated when this happens. The watch does show the red phone with a slash through it above the 12 on the clock face when it happens.

Any ideas what is going on? Anyone else getting disconnected?

2. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

No idea what's going on. Yes, I have seen that behavior too. My iP6 has not been rock solid recently either. At times I have to restart it to get a cellular connection and my Bluetooth head phones have been skipping and pausing of late. I've just been grinning and bearing it until the next AW and IP OS releases. Not worth all the trouble shooting and adjusting if it will need to be redone in a few weeks anyway.....

3. GeekyGrannie macrumors member

GeekyGrannie

I have noticed lately that Bluetooth on my 5S is turned off; I don't remember turning it off. Could it have something to do with iOS 8.4.1?

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I got disconnected yesterday. Simply rebooting the iPhone fixed this bug.

You've unpaired and re-paired it, but have you actually rebooted the iPhone?

5. Newtons Apple thread starter Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hoping it does not get worst. I have rebooted the phone, turned BT on and off, rebooted the watch and even unpaired and repaired the two twice. Only thing that brings back the BT connection is rebooting the watch. My iPhone 6+ has not been giving me any problems and has operated without flaw. The watch has operated just like it came out of the box except for this BT disconnection problem.

I guess I will limp through too as at least I know when my watch has disconnected as my phone tells me by reverting back to pre watch notification sounds.

6. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

It's happen to me a few times but not since I am running beta 5 and ios9 beta and that has been 3-4 weeks.

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I went through something like this with my watch and iPhone 6. The final solution was to do a hard boot on the phone. Hold the Sleep/Awake button and the Home button down for at least 15 seconds, wait about 10 seconds then restart the phone. This should solve your problem. The mistake is to think that the problem has to be in the watch.

8. maclemat macrumors newbie

Same thing was happening to me... I restored my iPhone 6 and my Apple watch, haven't had any issues since

9. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Is there a reason you didn't just hold sleep and slide to power off, then restart? This shouldn't be needed for a restart unless the phone has somehow locked up and cannot be powered off.

10. GeekyGrannie macrumors member

GeekyGrannie

In my case it happens after connecting to iTunes on my computer using the apple dock (5S). When I put the phone in the dock, both wifi and Bluetooth are on. After syncing, wifi is still on but Bluetooth is off.