Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
So mid-day yesterday, my AW6 decided to stop loading anything from the default weather app on all my watch faces.

The very, very weird part is I decided then to load weather widgets from the Weather Network app instead and those also wouldn't load, telling me I had to set a location on my iPhone first. Needless to say, I've done that.

So why WEATHER of any sort is now basically blocked from my watch is a very strange bug.

Have restarted both devices and it didn't change.

I'm fully updated on both devices on my iOS with no betas

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
I’m noticing the exact same thing on my series 7 (current watch os) and it seems to be coinciding with some slightly rubbish battery life too. I thought I’d solved it this morning by rebooting the watch, but this evening it’s come back.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
Same thing happened to my wife’s AW6, right down to the bad battery life. I tried rebooting, tried updating OS, nothing.

I unpaired the watch from her phone, re-paired it, then restored from backup and now weather loads again. Can’t speak to battery life yet, since I literally just did this earlier today.

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
Mine fixed itself within a few hours of me posting this the other day, so I'm guessing some weird back end glitch on Apple's part.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
Mine‘s been coming and going of its own accord multiple times since I posted above, so I’d be doubtful of any ”fix” - a few times now I’ve thought everything was back to normal before noticing “loading weather” again. Clearly a bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.