Watch not mirroring Mail notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by david77, Sep 18, 2015.

1. david77 macrumors regular

Has any experienced problems with Mail notifications not mirroring to Apple Watch? I've tried restarting both devices and double checking notification settings with no success. I'm currently running 9.1 public beta on my phone.

2. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

I was having this issue with 9.1 PB and the fix was to make sure all settings in mail notifications was turned on, (except for "Show on Lock Screen," because I don't want that on), in my iPhone and I had to make sure "fetch" was set to 15 minutes in the mail settings. Then in the Watch app, I chose custom from mail settings and made sure everything was turned on, incase there was an issue with "Mirror my iPhone," which I've had issues with in the past. I did a reboot of both my phone first and then my watch and all has been working smoothly.

I wish fetch had a 5 minute option, because 15 minutes can be too long sometimes when I'm waiting for important emails at the end of a work day, where offices close by a certain time.

3. david77 thread starter macrumors regular

4. TomH TX macrumors regular

I had to "open" the mail app ON the watch itself, and everything has been working ever since.

5. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

Great, thanks - this worked for me when I was tearing my hair out. Couldn't see any problem with my settings (which there actually wasn't) but after installing 2 on my watch, my mail notifications needed this extra nudge.

6. TomH TX macrumors regular

Fantastic. Glad it helped!