Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
received my 42mm SS today. set it up.
strange thing when i try to send messages from the watch.
I seems like it only wants to send SMS text/no imessage/i can see the sms go through on my iMac and my friends respond to it. however, on the watch, it stalls and says deliveery error/try again.

i have rebooted the watch, and when it starts, it seems like it always says my iCloud password is wrong and to re enter on phone.

I've signed out of iCloud all together on the phone and back in....
same behavior going on the watch...

anyone else having this issue?

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I've seen errors like this when using the iphone/ipad combo. The main one for me was always when there's high traffic times when pairing a device to my account. Meaning on release day it's possible their cloud services are a bit slow right now and that's why it isn't relaying messages at the moment.

This has happened to me several times over the past couple years on release weekend. So I would just wait a little bit and try again or try redoing your sign in but do it at some random time this evening. Hopefully then it will be a low traffic time you've picked. A lot of people at the moment are getting out of school and or work.. so they are playing with their new devices too.

Worst case, if you want to get a direct answer now. Call apple and go through the help portion for the imessage/cloud features. Might be waiting a bit on the phone but they will know if their services are having issues.

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
received my 42mm SS today. set it up.
strange thing when i try to send messages from the watch.
I seems like it only wants to send SMS text/no imessage/i can see the sms go through on my iMac and my friends respond to it. however, on the watch, it stalls and says deliveery error/try again.

i have rebooted the watch, and when it starts, it seems like it always says my iCloud password is wrong and to re enter on phone.

I've signed out of iCloud all together on the phone and back in....
same behavior going on the watch...

anyone else having this issue?

If you have two-step verification enabled on your Apple ID, this thread might help.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21109867/

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
i think i might have gotten it.
I didn't realize my imessage account was using one of the alias of my primary appleID.

everything else was signed into xxxxxxx@gmail.com
messages was signed into xxxxxxxx@icloud.com

switched messages over to gmail. which is primary.
so far, so good.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.