Watch or Sport?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bounou, Mar 12, 2015.

1. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

Having a difficult time making up my mind on this.

The space grey sports watch seems nice and at "only" 600$ a great deal! (Lol Canadian prices)

The stainless steel would be my preferred option, either with a black sports band and a Milanese loop or Just the leather loop. For the steel I would most definitely spring for AppleCare.

So the price differential is about double, about 600-650 for the sport and 1200-1300 for the stainless steel model.

It's a given that I will upgrade when the next version comes out and I like to sell the old models to finance the new ones.

I can afford either easily, been saving for this for a while and have more then enough apple gift cards to afford either.

But as much as I prefer the stainless steel version it feels like really bad value to pay 1300$ for a watch I will probably only keep one year that will have questionable resale value.

What do you guys think?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Steel is a bit more ding proof than aluminum and the sapphire glass is definitely a must if you ask me.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why would the Watch have "questionable" resale value? It'll still retain good resale value just like any Apple products. It's certainly not going to become obsolete after one year. Sell it as you would a year-old MacBook or iPhone if you always want to have the latest and greatest.