Watch OS 1.0.1 the little things

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleWatchGuy, May 19, 2015.

1. AppleWatchGuy macrumors member

Post your little things findings here!

I'll start, when sending off emoji, it now flys off the screen from bottom to the top.

Also, in settings for sound and haptics, if you adjust the taptic strength you get an instant tap on your wrist for instant feedback. Very useful!!

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

This isn't new

3. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

3rd party app response time was said to be improved, anyone agree?

4. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

The bug I reported regarding the Utility face has been fixed. It used to show the 12, 3, 6, and 9 flying in twice whenever you scrolled into the Utility face slowly and had all 12 numbers displayed.

5. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

It certainly has on mine. Both in apps and especially in glances.

6. Mymosa macrumors regular

Mymosa

I agree. It feels like everything is a bit faster. There were apps in glances like the activity app which was not reading me standing at all. Also there were apps I stopped using like Circa for news as it would not load in glances after the first few times I used it.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

Sometimes it feels like Apple could release software updates citing "stability and performance updates" and secretly make literally NO changes to the code AT ALL, and people would still swear up and down that the OS runs faster, the device charges twice as quickly, it now cooks you breakfast AND lunch etc...

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You can't release a new build with no code changes. Just like you can't cross the streams. Total protonic reversal!

9. AppleWatchGuy thread starter macrumors member

did they remove the ability to use color picker in doodles? I can't force touch for the color picker anymore?!

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This thread is supposed to be what's new specifically in 1.0.1 and it's helpful to know. Also useful in confirming or disputing what's already there in 1.0.

One can always add to the wiki megathread.

11. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Which is what the stickied thread does too...as per all the previous "All the little things". For instance, the Yosemite one just updates on every software update, people don't create different threads for each update. It's useful to have just one thread full of info so it can be used as a reference.

12. SR71 macrumors 68000

It's actually a long press, not a force touch, to open the color wheel for doodles. I don't know why Apple made it a long press, but it is and it's the only part of Watch OS that uses a long press instead of a force touch.

13. AppleWatchGuy thread starter macrumors member

I swear it used to be a force touch...or maybe a force touch was equally accepted back then?

14. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Just updated this morning, and saw that it now has Danish language! That's so awesome :D However, it's a bit difficult to get used to it, as my brain still thinks the Watch is in English :D

Haven't seen if Siri on the Watch is in Danish yet, but at least the whole UI is Danish now :cool:

15. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The animation when sending an emoji is not new. It was the same before.

----------

All u had to do was touch the coloured dot to change colour. No force/long press required.

16. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

Sure, this is the placebo effect. It is not only applicable to Apple updates.

There's also the reboot to be considered. It may be less important on the watch given how apps are managed, but on other devices a reboot often leads to noticeable performance improvements for a time.

17. 24se7en macrumors newbie

mine says software update failed...

and yes I have satisfied all the 3 requirements.

any idea?

18. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I am having an issue with Messages alerting waking up my iPhone 6 Plus and then my Apple Watch 10-15 seconds later after the 1.0.1 update. Anyone else experiencing this?

19. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

There are more than 3 requirements, despite what it says

1. Apple Watch must be wifi enabled
    2. iPhone must be connected to wifi
    3. Apple Watch must be > 50% charge
    4. Apple Watch must be connected to power.

20. versifiercsvt macrumors newbie

Messages not syncing between 3 devices

Just noticed that when my iPad is connected to iPhone's personal hotspot and IF my phone is turned on(not locked), I won't get any text messages synced to my phone. And it doesn't always sync to the iPad either. I'm 99.9% this wasn't an issue before the update. At work i have iPad always on and connected to iPhone personal hotspot and there weren't any messages syncing problems before.

If phone is locked the messages seem to sync with no problem.

21. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

By "messages not syncing" do you mean that they don't show up on some devices at all, or that you don't get new message notifications?

22. versifiercsvt macrumors newbie

Sorry...and thanks for pointing that out. To clarify, it's the alerts. For example, no alert/notification won't come to watch at all, and you won't see the red notification on the messages app on the iPad, but it will be there on the iPhone messages icon.

23. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Ahh, I think that's by design. Dave Caolo on AWT recently said this:

This sort of gels with my own experience. When I get taps from my watch and look at them then my other devices remain silent. If I ignore them then one of my other devices will chime in. If I ignore that, too, then a third device will ring. Devices being watch, Mac and iPad. The iPhone has been mute since the advent of the watch :cool:

24. versifiercsvt macrumors newbie

Right...this is how it supposed to be. Guess I'm not conveying this very well. LOL. Before the 1.0.1 update, I could have my macbook open, ipad unlocked, and iphone unlocked. And as long as the messaging app wasn't the active window on each...then I'd get the new message alert on each device including the watch. And whichever device I used to acknowledge the alert, all the other devices would be synced and mark the notification as checked already. This isn't the case now.