Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Anyone ever thought of making or already have a custom photo to use for the new Photo face for Watch OS 2? Cause I think that's as close as we can get to a "custom" watch face for now.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Anyone ever thought of making or already have a custom photo to use for the new Photo face for Watch OS 2? Cause I think that's as close as we can get to a "custom" watch face for now.

WatchOS 2.0 gives you 2 options for custom watch faces:

1. Choose a picture and set it as a watch face (layout is same as motion watch face without the motion)
2. Choose a picture album and set that as a watch face. This one is cool because every time you raise your wrist it displays a different picture for the watch face.

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
WatchOS 2.0 gives you 2 options for custom watch faces:

1. Choose a picture and set it as a watch face (layout is same as motion watch face without the motion)
2. Choose a picture album and set that as a watch face. This one is cool because every time you raise your wrist it displays a different picture for the watch face.

Thanks. But I was just wondering if anyone has made a custom picture for option 1 as you mentioned? Like maybe used a template and put it on photoshop to create different designs and such. As kind of a "wallpaper" you would say

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks. But I was just wondering if anyone has made a custom picture for option 1 as you mentioned? Like maybe used a template and put it on photoshop to create different designs and such. As kind of a "wallpaper" you would say

This was my watch face on WatchOS 2.0 beta 1

photo-jun-17-3-18-41-pm-png.562284

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
We need to start a thread where people can request and post their custom watch face photos

Reactions: !!!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I am trying to make one as we speak. Sucks I don't have access to Watch OS 2 to test it out.

You literally pick a picture from your photos, move it around, sort of resize it and then set it. I had to take that pic of mario and resize it so the time wouldn't cover his face.

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
You literally pick a picture from your photos, move it around, sort of resize it and then set it. I had to take that pic of mario and resize it so the time wouldn't cover his face.
I know what you mean but by custom I mean like pictures that could make it look like "third party faces". Like the wallpapers they do for the iphones. Here's an example of a wallpaper for the iPhone 4:

Attachments

• custom-iphone-wallpaper.jpg
    custom-iphone-wallpaper.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 119

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I know what you mean but by custom I mean like pictures that could make it look like "third party faces". Like the wallpapers they do for the iphones. Here's an example of a wallpaper for the iPhone 4:

I know what you're talking about. I would have loved to see the time and date on my watch face appear like it was inside a brick block that Mario was smashing. The concept of shelves and other iPhone wallpapers is what you're talking about.

The thing is Apple doesn't give you much to work with. It's just date and time on the custom watch face.

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
I know what you're talking about. I would have loved to see the time and date on my watch face appear like it was inside a brick block that Mario was smashing. The concept of shelves and other iPhone wallpapers is what you're talking about.

The thing is Apple doesn't give you much to work with. It's just date and time on the custom watch face.

That would be awesome! I just thought I would get the idea out there. Who knows? There some amazingly creative people out there. But can you test this out? I just trying to play around with the layout.

Attachments

• watchfacemario.jpg
    watchfacemario.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 87

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
That would be awesome! I just thought I would get the idea out there. Who knows? There some amazingly creative people out there. But can you test this out? I just trying to play around with the layout.

I can't unfortunately. WatchOS 2.0 Beta was behaving pretty badly. Apple replaced my watch and I'm back on 1.0.1

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
I can't unfortunately. WatchOS 2.0 Beta was behaving pretty badly. Apple replaced my watch and I'm back on 1.0.1

I see, sorry about that. I guess I'll just have to wait to test these when it actually comes out.

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
I would love to see a Fallout Pipboy watch face with the time/date section sectioned out.

That would be amazing! Unfortunately, I still trying to learn Photoshop so I'm not skilled enough to make it. Though I'm sure someone is going to do it! Sooner or later!

saonexus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
I would love to see a Fallout Pipboy watch face with the time/date section sectioned out.

Just testing it to see if the color would be good. It's not pipboy worthy but I did make it fallout-themed :D

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: Basstutum

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Just testing it to see if the color would be good. It's not pipboy worthy but I did make it fallout-themed :D

Interesting thing about that picture. He's not giving you a thumbs up. He's measuring the explosion he's seeing from a distance. If it is bigger than his thumb he needs to run for cover or take vapor damage.

Reactions: melman101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.