Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vin1717

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
Before updating, double clicking the crown used to bring you to the center of the app list then the next press would bring you to the watch face. With OS 2, there is no return to the center and it goes directly to the watch face. Then, whenever you go back to the app tree, you are taken to the position of the last app you used instead of the center of the list.

Is there a setting to reactivate this function? The app tree is a rough to navigate on the small screen, so knowing where apps were located respective to the center was a big help when finding the app you were looking for.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I hear you... I arranged my app tree to be able to rely on clicking the crown going to the center too.

That said - I didn't use it as often as I just used click, wait, click to go to the watch face... so I think the new behavior is a net win.

Although... for me... if I go to the watch face and then single click the crown it ALWAYS goes to the center of my tree... not the position of the last app I used.

Can you be more specific about the steps you're taking to get that behavior?

vin1717

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
I am taking the same steps you just described. But when I go back to my app tree at any point later, it is in the position of the last app I opened not the center. If it always returned to the center, it would make things easier because I arranged my most frequently used apps to be positioned around the clock in the middle.

I think I figured it out. I have the reduce motion function turned on and when I turn it off it returns to the center. Looks like the functionality was removed when the feature is turned on. I actually prefer keeping reduce motion on, so I am just going to have to get used to it. I just hope this is something they put back in future updates.

Although... for me... if I go to the watch face and then single click the crown it ALWAYS goes to the center of my tree... not the position of the last app I used.

Can you be more specific about the steps you're taking to get that behavior?[/QUOTE]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.