Watch OS 3 - Notification Issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ferrd, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

Hi everyone,

I think I may have stumbled across an issue with Watch OS 3. I just setup my watch as new again (do this after every major OS update) and now I am receiving all notifications on my watch; regardless of which apps I choose in the notifications area of the watch app.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have already submitted this to Apple's Bug Reporter as well.

Thanks!

2. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

Yeah I'am as well. When I set Messages to Custom and turn that off so all Text Alerts come to the phone my watch STILL gets the alert.

3. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

Help with this issue would be nice. No matter what I do all notifications from Messages only alert from my watch even if they're off. They STILL come to the watch.

4. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Perhaps restart phone and watch both.

Sometimes, on watch OS2, only phone would get notifications even though watch was on my wrist.

Restarting both would do the trick.

Cheers !

5. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

My pet gripe with notifications on the Watch is that wOS still, even in version 3, does not show the red dot on the watchface for new notifications that came in during a Do Not Disturb session.

Same with notifications that came in while the Watch was locked.

I'm like...what the hell. Why am I even wearing this thing if it's not doing what it is supposed to be doing?

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

I have the same issue...didn't have it until I unpaired and repaired last night to try to resolve the battery drain.