Watch OS 3 removed find friends from Siri - is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by whitedragon101, Dec 29, 2016.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

A friend gave me the original apple watch for Christmas (he is upgrading to the new one). I tried some features and found the ability to say "hey siri where is friendX" and then have it show me on the screen very useful.

However now I have updated it to watch OS 3 and when I now say this it just says continue on your iPhone. This is crazy to take away a feature like this. Especially when you can navigate through the menus and still get find friends to work directly on the watch.

Has anyone else found this?

Is there a fix yet? I can't see they would pull the feature on purpose as it makes the watch a worse experience for no reason.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Is it all set up on your iPhone correctly? Can you see them on your phone??

3. chuyn macrumors 6502

Happens to me too. Which is a shame because there's a find my friends app on the watch now too. Mine is set up on both the phone/watch and can see friends in the app on both devices. It's either just how it is now, or something else not set up that we're missing.

4. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes the find friend app works on both the phone and the watch. What has been lost in the Watch OS 3 update is the ability to ask siri where someone is.

In watch OS2 if you asked "where is friendx" it would immediately show you right on the watch. In watch OS 3 it just gives you a button that says continue on iPhone. Which if baffling especially considering watch OS 3 explicitly contains a find friends app.

5. avanpelt macrumors 68030

I noticed this, as well. Doesn't make any sense to me.

6. Gabrielanicolao macrumors member

Gabrielanicolao

In respect of the missing contact information, it may help to follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data.
    • Nothing will seem to happen, but the process will run in the background / invisibly to you, so allow some time afterwards for it to complete.

7. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you able to use Siri to access find friends on watch OS 3? (Without it just referring you to use your iPhone )

8. Gabrielanicolao macrumors member

Gabrielanicolao

No the process includes the iPhone as well.