Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siddu24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
New York
I have been facing an issue with my workout app since I updated to watch OS 3.

I start my run in workout app and if I go to any other app during the run and come back to Workout app it finishes my run.

Is anyone else facing similar issue?

I do like all the details on my watch screen while running but not happy with this.

Thanks,
Sid

Last edited:

wheathin

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have been facing an issue with my workout app since I updated to watch OS 3.

I start my run in workout app and if I go to any other app during the run and come back to Workout app it finishes my run.

Is anyone else facing similar issue?

I do like all the details on my watch screen while running but not happy with this.

Thanks,
Sid

@Sid This same thing happens to me since upgrading to watch OS 3. I like to start a run in the apple Workout app and then I also open Runmeter on my watch because it provides announcements of intervals for me.

In watch OS 3 I have noticed as soon as I open the Runmeter app and start a workout and then go back to the Workout app it has ended my run workout that was in progress.

I hope this is a bug that Apple can fix, it appears if you try to use any other 3rd party activity tracking app at the same time the Workout app is running it will end the Workout app.

Can anyone help resolve this issue?

goat5570

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
I used workout and ismoothrun this morning at the same time. ismoothrun did not stop the workout app. I started ismoothrun from my phone, so not sure if it made a difference. I did switch between the two apps during the run. No problem there.

The issue I had was when I switched from workout to ismoothrun, it would switch back to workout by itself. Is there a way to make it stay on the app of my choosing, or will it always default back to workout. If so, it there a better/easier way to switch between the apps besides side button the swipe to app? That becomes harder to do once the sweat starts flowing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.