watch os 4 beta 2 daily driver

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mclarendude2, Jun 25, 2017.

1. mclarendude2 macrumors regular

how many of you are using watch os 4 beta 2 as your daily driver if so how buggy is it and is it worth using at this point

2. KrisLord macrumors 6502a

Yes i’m using it on my only watch.

I’d say hold off on trying it. The additional features are minimal and battery life, particularly on B2 was been terrible (I hope it’s fixed now after loads of tinkering.)

My battery had been dead after only 6 hours on my wrist and no workout/app usage.

3. antnee macrumors regular

Mine lasted yesterday about 14 hours after turning off the gym equipment detect option. I am on a series 0 and on b2.

4. nick19, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017

nick19 macrumors member

nick19

I'd agree with holding off for now, beta 2 on my first gen Apple Watch has been worse than beta 1. Interface is very laggy and watch loses connection to Phone frequently. Also, battery life isn't great.

5. Cardiff25 macrumors member

which ios are you guys running ?

i wanna use ios11 public 1 and watch os4 db1... can this be done ? when i was on ios11 db1 the watch didnt connect :hmm:

6. nick19 macrumors member

nick19

I'm running beta 2 on both iPhone (15A5304i) and Watch (15R5307f).

7. Fynd macrumors 6502

I'm usually all over these things but I don't think there's enough new there to warrant the risks this time around.

8. bthompson macrumors member

Agreed with others here. I don't find it particularly buggy, but the battery life is dreadful. I've re-paired it, changed settings, etc and I am maybe getting 9-10 hours of just normal use.

9. mclarendude2 thread starter macrumors regular

I am on my second day ant still haven’t had to charge my watch yet Idk what I did but I’m on beta 2 and getting great battery life

10. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

Have they released the WatchOS 4 public beta yet? I installed the profile and it keeps telling me 3.2.2 is up to date.

11. antnee macrumors regular

There will be No public beta for the watch.

12. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

Ok. So then why was I able to download a beta profile for the watch? Is that for the beta 2?

13. antnee macrumors regular

I don’t know what’s just what I read because you can’t downgrade/revert.

14. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

15. KrisLord macrumors 6502a

Is there a profile for the watch, or did you download the iPhone one?

When installing any beta profile on your iPhone, if your watch is paired it asks where to install it, for some reason the profile doesn’t automatically tell your device what type of profile it is...

So you may have installed the iPhone profile to your watch, hence it does nothing.

(This is all based on last year, I’m using the dev profile this year so not sure if anything has changed)

16. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

i just installed beta 2 on the watch yesterday and im running ios 11 beta 2 and so far everything seems to be running fine. I've lost about 12 % battery in the last 2 1/2 hours but i did go out for a morning run with GPS on and listening to music and then rode my motorcycle in to work (about 10 miles)