Watch os 4 to watch os 3 as a non-dev

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kygordo, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kygordo macrumors newbie

I am not a developer but got the dev betas for iOS and watch os. I went back to iOS 11 last night and then realized my watch was useless and it couldn't go back, so I conceded to upgrading my phone again to iOS 11. However, my phone is now on iOS 11 dev beta 2 and my watch is on watch os dev beta 1. They still won't communicate. Any suggestions? If I send the watch back to apple for them to put it on watch os 3, would there be a problem because I'm not a developer?

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Time for the obligatory hand slap: why did you do this? I have a Developer account and I’m not upgrading my Watch until I’m sure I’m not going to brick it. Is your Watch still under warranty? If so, they may restore it. If it’s out of warranty, they still will, but it may cost you over $100.

3. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

It might not be the Watch beta. A number of us had our communication issues with our Watches running Watch OS 3.2.2 after we upgraded to iOS 11 DP2. My iPhone 7 and Watch Series 2 couldn't talk over Bluetooth at all.

I ended up having to unpair the Watch on my phone--it gave an error at the end because it couldn't tell the Watch to erase, but it did save a Watch backup--and then erase it from the Watch settings. Once I re-paired them--restoring the Watch backup--everything worked great.