Watch OS 5 Calendar

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dormammu, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    My watch faces are not updating to show the calendar events ... anyone else seeing this? Potential fixes?
    I’ve tried restarting to no avail.

2. bwb macrumors member

Since watchOS 5 GM I've had unreliable syncing of _all_ calendar events/reminders when there is an Exchange account on the pair'd iPhone, regardless of if the Exchange account syncs to the Apple Watch or what parts of the Exchange account are sync'd to the iPhone (calendar, mail, reminder.. turning them all _off_ but having the account there still makes syncing Apple Watch unreliable). The only fix I've found is to completely delete the Exchange account from the pair'd iPhone.

3. Dormammu thread starter macrumors 65816

Dormammu

Jesus.

4. bwb macrumors member

Yeah, I was really hoping there was a day 1 fix 5.0.1 release, but that seems to not be the case. Disappointed that core functionality is breaking in such a critical way.

5. Dormammu thread starter macrumors 65816

Dormammu

I tried unpairing and repairing with no luck. I can't even perform a restore ... the whole thing just times out.
    I am currently working on setting up my watch as new. Hoping it doesn't time out again otherwise I have a brick.

6. bwb macrumors member

Let me know how it goes, I'm curious if the setting up as new will fix it.

7. Dormammu thread starter macrumors 65816

Dormammu

Took some time, but I was able to restore from a back up (seems I didn't have to do it from new) and everything seems to be resolved for the calendar and Exchange accounts. What an ordeal though. My phone and watch failed the un-pair/re-pair process like ... five times -no joke. I ended restarting my phone and it seems to have helped before re-pairing.

8. bwb macrumors member

Nice! To summarize, what was the final solution that worked for you? Un-pair Apple Watch, re-pair and "restore from backup" (on the Apple Watch)? It's odd since, if so, those are the steps I took and it didn't work.

Could you try creating a new event on the iPhone (under any account), and seeing if it appears on the Apple Watch's calendar within a couple seconds?

9. TylerDurden130 macrumors regular

None of my calendars are syncing with ios5. Everyone else having this issue?

10. Dormammu thread starter macrumors 65816

Dormammu

Sorry, I know I had a rather long winded response. I am paired and repaired followed by a restore from backup. Or use the same back up that was generated on my Watch was updating to OS 5. Following that, everything worked perfectly.

As for your suggestion for creating an event and seeing if it populates on my watch within a couple seconds; works as expected. Hope this helps!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2018 ---
    This is the issue we’re talking about?

11. namenotfound macrumors member

Watch calendar sync not reliable, even with apple calendars. Event notifications seem to be working fine, even for events I cannot see on the watch. Sync seems to work deleting events from the watch if I can get them on it, it's going from the phone to the watch that does not work reliably.

12. dwysocki macrumors newbie

13. ttusomeone macrumors member

ttusomeone

I'm having the same issue. Unpair/repair/restore from backup didn't work for me. I've also posted on the Apple discussions thread. Seeing my calendar without pulling out my phone is one of the mail reasons I bought the first Apple Watch and then upgraded to Series 2. From the thread it doesn't seem to be an issue with Series 4, but I don't really want to buy a new watch to fix a software issue that happened as a result of an upgrade.

14. namenotfound macrumors member

After creating a case with Apple about the calendar sync not working on my 2, I have had no real feedback from them. Still under AppleCare, but no working suggestions or offer to replace the watch. A 4 DOES work in my case. My 2, not so much.

15. irq7 macrumors newbie

Well, don't bother upgrading. I've got a Series 4 (upgraded from a 3) and it doesn't work. I do have an exchange account that I won't be deleting so not sure if that's the vector. I've reset sync data, turned off some of the calendars I don't use. Full reset the watch and re-paired it. None of these have fixed it for me.