Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoachMike43

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Ever since watchOS 8 and iOS 15 were released I have been experiencing a lag/delay when receiving an iMessage or sms text message. I get the message on both devices but the message on the watch doesn’t show up in real time until I click inside in the message. Not to mention my response to a message will have a blue dot next to it like its a new unread message.
Also when I get a message and flick wrist up, it doesn’t open the message just stays on the person who sent it.

I did EVERYTHING a number of times and still no fix.

thoughts?
Similar experience?

Reactions: Tikatika

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
Ever since watchOS 8 and iOS 15 were released I have been experiencing a lag/delay when receiving an iMessage or sms text message. I get the message on both devices but the message on the watch doesn’t show up in real time until I click inside in the message. Not to mention my response to a message will have a blue dot next to it like its a new unread message.
Also when I get a message and flick wrist up, it doesn’t open the message just stays on the person who sent it.

I did EVERYTHING a number of times and still no fix.

thoughts?
Similar experience?
Exactly! Missed an important iMessage while walking my dog this am. No notification at all on my watch.
As I entered the house, I heard the familiar text sound coming from my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I was using my iPad this morning with a text message conversation and after I had finished the conversation, I continued to get texts on the watch that I already seen and responded to with the iPad. I believe this is the first time I have experienced text message lag with the watch.

Reactions: curdy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.