Watch OS Suggestions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bluespark, Mar 5, 2017.

1. bluespark macrumors 65816

First, let me say that I love my Apple Watch. I love the way it looks, the way it feels . . . everything. That said, and recognizing that Watch OS 3 was already a huge usability improvement, here are a few more improvements I'd like to see:

-- For several reasons, it should not be possible to simply change watch faces by swiping: First, a force touch already brings up a more robust face-changing interface. Second, the swipe makes it far too easy for people to accidentally change faces. Third, this means the left and right swipe can't be used for quick access functions, which would be more useful. Apple should eliminate the swipe-to-change-face function.

-- The above frees up the left and right swipe. This could be used for a couple of different things, but my vote would be swipe right for the wallet and swipe left for the "now playing" screen. Alternatively, these gestures could be used for quick access to the apps of the user's choice.

-- If selecting directions from the Calendar app, the Maps app should first ask whether you want walking, driving, or transit directions.

-- Scheduled watch faces: Imagine if you could use the iOS watch app to set the watch to switch to different faces at certain times of the day on set days of the week. For me, I would use one face in the morning with transit-related complications, an identical one at work but with productivity-related complications, an activity face during workouts, and the modular face with home control complications in the evenings and on weekends. Having these switch on a schedule I created would really increase the "smart" factor for me.

-- More watch faces and/or a watch face store.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I agree with your ideas of what you're saying. I definitely think watchOS 4 hopefully include more watch faces. I think it's one of the few areas the Apple Watch is lacking. They need to expansion somewhere we could see more customization besides the complications.

3. FrisbeeK9, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017

FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I agree more watch faces but this is a great idea: Scheduled watch faces
    I use in the AM for commuting amdPM and weekend faces much differently. Great suggestion BluesPark.

4. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

Scheduled and location-based Watch faces are a definite feature I'd like to see added.

5. jimholcomb macrumors member

I'd like an option to always have notifications on my Watch, regardless if my phone is unlocked. I've missed notifications when I've glanced at my phone and set it down and a notification came in before it auto-locked.

Also I've missed notifications when using Google maps on my phone, neither the phone nor the Watch notifies me of a text. Note that this can happen when you're a passenger using your phone for navigation.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think of Apple offered a Watch face store, that would be huge. Even if it meant purchasing them, if they were worth it, I would purchase additional watch faces. I defintely want to see more expansion in this area.