Watch OS2 and Siri

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aml216, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    of those who have updated; is there a difference in Siri's ability to dictate text messages (or in general)? On OS1 Siri for me was generally very slow and inaccurate. So slow in fact sometimes I simply cancelled my response to a text message and replied on my phone.

2. Thepixelsedge macrumors regular

Siri basically operates the same way on OS2... the main difference that makes her much more efficient is that you no longer have to wait for her to do something before putting your wrist down.

You can now just say "hey siri, tell my wife I'm on my home".. as soon as you see that siri has opened up you can put your wrist down and go on with your day. In a few seconds you'll feel a tap that lets you know that she heard you and she's doing whatever you asked. You no longer have to wait to click send, or confirm, or whatever the case may be.

In fact in my example you no longer get a "send" and "cancel" button... you just get a cancel in case she misheard you. If you do nothing she sends the message.

3. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

My dictation fails a lot..it never failed this much on Watch OS1.0.1. However, this might be because my phone is having problems after iOS 9

4. J.C macrumors 6502

Wow! Your wife is very compliant!

5. Speechless macrumors 6502

That is ridiculously cool. I'm so excited now!! Siri has always been one of my favorite Watch features. My wish for having her respond in some way/shape/form has finally come true!!

6. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Hey thanks, I did not know that I could tell Siri what to dictate and then output my wrist down.

It's frustrating at times because sometimes I wonder if Siri will eventually get what I said or give me that circle of doom. Before I used to end of canceling and replying manually on my phone.