Watch os2 - Issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by zaquinho17, Jul 31, 2015.

1. zaquinho17, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

zaquinho17 macrumors regular

zaquinho17

Running OS2 beta, and public beta 4 ios9

-My watch is slow in responding, sometimes completely unresponsive.

-When I attempt to use siri, nothing happens.... 25 seconds later, siri pops up but "dictation is unavailable"

-Transition for widgets, apps, notifications is laggy and not smooth at all.

-digital crown is slow in response

Anyone else?

2. zaquinho17, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015

zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

thank you, and not be a complete ****, but I've always had betas and i understand the general concept. but i highly doubt that apple would seed a beta (which they have upgraded) that would restrict the use of siri or dictation. that issue would have been resolved immediately as it near renders the devices useless

3. zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

4. Mlrollin91, Jul 31, 2015

Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Unless the latest version of the beta broke Siri, which is entirely possible. So, therefore, that fix will be coming this week with beta 5.

5. JayLenochiniMac, Jul 31, 2015

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not necessarily. Anything can go wrong with a beta. Heck, they've even released official builds that have bricked some people's iPhones.

6. zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

I have very limited knowledge to Beta usage on the apple watch, as like most, but it strikes me as very weird that I would encounter such a difference to many other people who are using the same beta versions.. Usually Ive never participated on sights such as this, and I didn't really interact with many other people about beta usage. So, is it common for people to have outlandish issues like mine, whilst everyone else enjoys the 'previews'

7. camflan macrumors member

Yes, very common. Betas are unpredictable and uncover lots of edge cases that the developers don't see. As a software developer by day, it's extraordinarily common for my experience to be perfect and yet a beta customer's experience is a complete train wreck – performing the same tasks.

Every line of code is a chance to introduce bugs, which is why functionality will fluctuate for each release – especially betas that haven't had the codebase/feature set 100% locked down.

8. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

9. zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

UPDATE:

Spoke to a couple developers and a few people who arena the same bout.. It is the watch face that is the issue.

Utility and simple have had the issues i mentioned above as well as the system locking up and shutting down, with only a reboot as a solution..

the other watch faces (after restarting) have been amain and more responsive than expected. a lot better than beta 3

10. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

11. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

That's what I was wondering

12. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

No update required. Everyone has told you already, this is a BETA. Issues are expected.

Stop wasting developer's time asking pointless questions.

13. zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

what are you doing, looking for things to post your lack of knowledge on? idea of forums are to pose questions to a relative audience who can then express their answers or solutions. You my friend, need a life

14. nickkrumors macrumors member

Beta 3 killed Apple Pay on the watch, which was fixed in beta 4. I'm sure if anything is broken by beta 4, it will be fixed in beta 5 or 6. Part of the issues with being on the bleeding end haha.

I'm on iOS 9 on the phone, but can't bring myself to risk it on the watch since there is no downgrade option. Good luck

15. zaquinho17 thread starter macrumors regular

zaquinho17

Don't bother just yet, wait for another beta.. the battery isn't much!

16. Haxley macrumors regular

Haxley

All of the issues you're having and many more have been thoroughly discussed on the developer forums https://forums.developer.apple.com/community/pre-release/watchos-2-beta

Your watch isn't running watchOS 2 any worse than other watches. That said, Siri is probably the most frustrating thing in watchOS 2. I was amazed when I first got my watch how responsive and accurate Siri was, even better than my phone. Now, Siri is essentially useless until the 3rd try lol. Although it has slightly improved with each beta, relative to watchOS 1 it performs like absolute garbage, even in beta 5.

To reiterate what everyone has said: this is beta, they didn't accidentally ship it like this, this is how software development works.

Every year around June (WWDC) I tell myself, "Haxley, remember what happened last year when you changed all your stuff over to beta?" Still, with bugs, rage, and everything awful, the beta temptation is always too great for me.

17. jsalicru macrumors regular

I thought I should mention that even in WatchOS 1, Siri is either great, or terrible. There isn't really an in between, or even a pattern as to when it will be a certain way. I've been able to reply to text messages in the worst of situations with no problems. Then I'll be at home in complete silence and it won't even respond to my voice.