Watch OS2 - No 3rd party complications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fezzzer, Sep 22, 2015.

1. fezzzer macrumors member

I do not have an option to switch on third party complications on the watch app on my iPhone. Is there a way to activate this?

Attached Files:

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

There is no setting. When you install an app with a 3rd party complication, it will simply appear in your scrolling list of complications, along with the stock ones.

3. fezzzer thread starter macrumors member

Do I have to install the app to the watch?

I have two apps that support 3rd party complications on my phone but they are not showing as complications.

4. BillGates1969 macrumors 6502

BillGates1969

5. tmcjilton macrumors newbie

tmcjilton

Actually, on my ⌚️ app on iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1 there is indeed a setting for complications. And you can add or remove available complications.

Attached Files:

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You do have to install an app on your watch in order to see the complication in the complication list. The complication list will give you the option of removing a complication while leaving the app on your watch. In the future this will be for the case that every app includes a complication but you don't want to scroll through 50 options on your watch if you know 20 will never be used. As it is now though, you have to install the app to get the complication option on your watch face.

7. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

8. fezzzer thread starter macrumors member

After installing the complications (by installing the apps on the phone) - more than an hour afterwards I now have the setting in the Watch app :)

Attached Files: