Watch OS2 Reliable? And Other Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iPad Retina, Aug 18, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

hello I'm interested in getting an apple watch sport. I find watchos2 more useful in my life. If I do upgrade to watchos2 am I able to downgrade. I hear in YouTube where people aren't able to. Is watchis2 reliable? Oh can you still get calendar notifications still without the phone? Does it void your warranty. I know you have to downgrade first before bringing it for service at an Apple Store.

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I'm confused. You don't own an Apple Watch, but you're sure that a beta OS for the device is better[?] Based on your line of questioning, I'd say you'd be better off: 1) Getting a Watch now, upgrading to W/OS2 when it's a public/production release, or 2) Waiting to get a Watch when it comes OOTB with W/OS2 :)

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

You can't downgrade from the watchos beta. If you want os2 I suggest you wait till its out

4. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Can you still get calendar notifications still without the phone?

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

I hesitate to say yes or no. My guess is yes, because the calendar is a native app on the watch and as long as the event is synced, it should give you the notification. Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

6. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Could I still edit my calendar without the phone somehow?

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

You.need.an.iphone.
    Do.some.research

8. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Not on the watch you can't. The watch view of the calendar is based on synced events from the phone. If you make a change say though iCloud.com, that would show on the phone which would then need to push the update to the watch. Keep in mind, the watch will do some things by itself but for the most part think of it as an extension to the phone. A wrist worn version that allows you to keep your phone tucked away where ever while still getting notifications and quick access to upcoming events. (among other things)

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

No. Siri won't work without an iPhone and there is no keyboard on the watch.

Also, if you don't have an iPhone and are planning to get the watch, don't.

10. flur macrumors 68000

Nope, and I don't believe you can do that with Watch OS 2 either.