Watch rarely getting text notifications now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GizmoDVD, Jun 20, 2018.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

For the past few days my watch rarely gets text messages.

I'll click my phone and boom, I have several, and when I check my watch I never received notification.

I wiped my watch completely and reset it back up and still have the same issue.

Any ideas on the next step?

I have an AW3 (no cell plan setup)

2. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

Best I can tell you is that when my watch and phone stop communicating, I restart them both. I've never had to reset/restore either. The only other thing I can think is the AW uses wifi as well as bluetooth, and if your iPhone and AW are on different wifi networks and out of bluetooth range, you might have trouble. That's just a guess though.

3. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 68000

How would i tell what WiFi networks my watch is on?

4. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

You know, I'm not sure. Like I said, I think it's a long shot. Do you usually have both devices near each other? I guess the easier thing to do to test the theory is if when you notice notifications not working, change the wifi network on your iPhone and see what happens. Do you have a dual-band wifi network?

Also, make sure in the Watch app on your phone that Messages is set to mirror your iPhone notifications. I also disabled the setting that allows you to mute your watch when you place your palm over it. I only do vibration notifications, so it's never been an issue for me.