Watch recording me as standing while sleeping

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PBGamer89, Dec 15, 2016.

1. PBGamer89 macrumors member

Ever since the update, I've noticed my watch doing weird things.

First off, when I get a call or text, it doesn't read the contact name, just the number.

Today though, I went to bed with only 3 strand hours recording and then I went to bed, and I got an alert around noon telling me that my stand goal of 12 hours as been met and I found it odd that it recorded me as standing but I was sleeping the entire time. For the record, I wear my watch constantly, unless i'm showering or it's charging.

Has this happened to anyone else including the number only notifications for calls and texts?

2. trlightning macrumors newbie

trlightning

I haven't had a problem with the call or text contact showing, but yesterday I was in a meeting, sitting for at least an hour when my watch dinged and stated that I reached my stand goal. I do have a tendency to "talk with my hands a lot", moving them while speaking, but it was the first time I've noticed an hour being added to the stand goal. I just thought that by my arms moving around I tricked the watch into thinking I was standing up and moving around. After reading your post now I'm not so sure.

3. blwade macrumors 6502

I have been able to "trick" the watch in meetings by alternating my hands on my head and dropping my hands on outside of the chair and dangling towards the floor.. that happenened before 3.1.1...

But I'm getting stand hours in my sleep too. I use pillow to monitor my sleep, and during times where it has me light sleep/deep sleep, I have recorded stand time. This has only been since updating to 3.1.1. So, I'm with you, OP. Haven't seen what you are describing with messages though.