Watch recording too many stand hours?

debsagos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Hi all,

Why is my Apple Watch suddenly starting to show several stand hours when I have only just got up. Just the occasional morning. I have had this watch for months and it has never done it.

Incidentally, my hubby has just received his watch and he woke up with 7 stand hours this morning on the second day of wearing it.

What gives??

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Yep. Something's definitely not right. Just noticed this morning I achieved a stand at midnight, when I'm quite comfortably in my sleep. Better yet, I get weekly stand goal achievement reward while I stood only 10 times on Wednesday (from record in Activity on iPhone). The blue ring certainly doesn't look complete that day.

This never happened to me before.

debsagos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Nope, I can't download the latest update for some reason.....not showing up for me.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2012
I have the opposite problem. Quite often I will stand and walk/move around and I don't get credit for standing up. I don't get my stand credit almost every night while I am standing in the kitchen cooking dinner. It also doesnt give me credit if I get up and walk to and from the bathroom. Many times I have to dangle my arm to get my stand credit after I sit down from standing.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Mine quit recording ANY stand hours what so ever after the 3.2 update.

End of the day and it was at zero.

Mine also stopped silencing my 7+ and it make notifications sounds like there is no watch. Have unpaired and paired multiple times.

Last edited:
Reactions: pedrowerner

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Just woke up and already I have 1 stand.
(it's still better than having a stand in the middle of the night though)

Last edited: