Watch Repair times

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Hype-149, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Hype-149 macrumors member

Has anyone had any experience with Apple Care repairs to your watch?

I sent mine in for repairs on May 20th. and I still have not received it back. I chatted with Apple support on Tuesday June 6th and they said my watch was at the Depot awaiting replacement. I understand there were two holidays (Canada May 22nd, US May 29th) but this is pretty long IMO to wait for repairs.

They mentioned that the watch had to be sent to California to be fixed/replaced.

The reason why I sent it in was due the crown stopped spinning. My Apple Care + expires at the end of this month.

Thanks.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Every Watch repair may vary. But your repair situation seems quite long. The typical (Depends how you define typical) is usually two weeks or less.

When I owned the Sport model Watch (It had a display issue), it was replaced under warranty and the whole process was completed under five business days. But every situation will vary on the repair, location sent, Holidays, etc.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Five business days is usually the standard. I had mine back in 3 days. 3 weeks is unacceptable even factoring in holidays. I would definitely stay on top of them.

4. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

The microphone on my original series SS watch stopped working last month, so I took it to my local Apple Store for repair. It was two years and one month old, i.e. just out of warranty. They sent it in for diagnostics and repair, and told me that the AU$663 repair bill would be waived. The repair facility concluded quickly that the watch needed to be replaced, but it took another two weeks for a replacement to become available. All up I was without my watch for three weeks. I was still happy for getting a new watch for free. However, the time without my watch really taught me how much I depend on it :)

5. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

you can check the status of the repair on this site

https://checkrepair.apple.com/

i just sent mine out friday and they are diagnosing already

6. Hype-149 thread starter macrumors member

Hi. Says pending replacement since May 26th.

7. Hype-149 thread starter macrumors member

An update to this: Got an email on Tuesday saying my watch was ready for pick up - I was still out of town for work so I when I got home today from my road trip I headed to the Apple Store to get it. Turns out my watch was swapped out with a Series 1 watch - I had the original watch so I think this may be a bit of an upgrade. Any thoughts?

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Yea apple is amazing

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Nice!! Definitely an upgrade. You should notice a pretty good speed difference.

10. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple does not polish scratches off the casing. You either receive a replacement Watch with a newer casing or gently used one that shows little, to no wear.

12. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

If they are sending back the same watch such as in my case, with a simple software downgrade then yes they clean the watch up a bit. I wouldn't go so far as saying they used something like cape cod on it, but its definitely buffed.

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Good to know if they are sending back the same Watch. But in general for replacements, it's eithers a used casing which can show some wear or a "Newer" casing. Reading through these forums, some members were reporting most of the replacement casings being used with minor scratches or having some form of previous wear.