Watch S4 and Apple UK

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by martint235, Nov 1, 2018.

1. martint235, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

So ordered a S4 last Friday to go with the new XS Max. Got the phone but Apple said the watch wouldn't be delivered to 16th November. Nowhere seems to be suffering any supply chain problems and the watch still shows on the site as in stock so what gives?

Anyway cancelled the order yesterday evening and the watch now arrives from 3rd party seller this afternoon

EDIT: Date corrected!

2. yui4 macrumors 6502a

16th August! Some wait that mate! Lol

3. martint235 thread starter macrumors 6502

martint235

Ha ha. Typo!!! :)

4. SteveOfTheStow macrumors member

SteveOfTheStow

They can't make em fast enough; simple as that I think.

The supply channels for Apple retail and other retailers like John Lewis, very etc. are distinct from Apple online so it's possible to order from Apple online and yet there be watches available on other channels (you'll see posts on MR from both US and UK users who have ordered online then found one in retail locally, gone to pick it up and cancelled their online order).

Apparently a second production line is starting up this month, and I did notice a week back Apple's lead times improved by a week (they were approaching last day of November, then came forward, now are back at end of November again), so that might have been it.

Note that the current date stated on the Apple website for delivery is typically a worst case and many users here have stated that their watches have arrived about a week ahead of what they were originally told when they ordered.

I know all this because I'm also looking to buy an S4 and have been watching Apple Store online intently :) But I'm holding off until a little closer to Christmas.

5. Bazooka-joe, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Apple watch dates are slipping again...probably due the bricking issues. My so called priority replacement has slipped by over a week.

I just called Apple to find out why. They didn't give a reason but the operative had a work with the management team who have agreed to restore my order back to the original date of the 15th!!