Watch security and watch pranks

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dotnet, Apr 15, 2015.

1. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

As far as I understand, if you unlock the watch while on your wrist (not sure exactly how, haven't seen that demo'd yet) it will stay unlocked for as long as you keep it on the wrist. If you take it off, it'll lock. So far so good.

I wonder whether the watch can be locked even while on the wrist. If not, consider this scenario:

You're at the company X'mas party, had a few too many to drink (just stay with me for argument's sake) and pass out on a couch in the corner. Your co-workers, going with the times, won't draw penises on your face with permanent marker. No, they notice the watch on your wrist and... :D

The next day (or the day after, depending how long you take to get over your hangover) you wonder why that one co-worker that always ignored you before suddenly gives you smiles all day long, and why some of your friends won't even look at you.

The thing is, with taps, doodles and heartbeats the is no log of what has been sent from your watch, so you may never know what was said or implied in your name :eek:

Thoughts?

2. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

After a night of "partying", one would assume that the watch would run out of battery.

And I'm not sure what the utility of a deployable lock screen would be. Why would our hypothetical passed out user have the foresight to active a lock screen yet lack the foresight to turn the watch off? :rolleyes:

3. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

If you are that irresponsible and drink until you pass out, you deserve it. :cool:

4. dotnet thread starter macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Ok, let's not get hung up on that scenario I made up, you could be sleeping for other, more "responsible", reasons.

Can you see what I'm getting at?