Watch sending messages from second phone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cjrzasa, May 15, 2015.

1. cjrzasa macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6 Plus for personal use (which my watch is synced to) and I have an iPhone 6 supplied by work. Well, my girlfriend finally recieved her watch today so we were able to test the heart beat and drawing features but when we did I noticed an issue....when she recieved my heartbeat and drawings it said they were coming from my work number. I checked iMessage and FaceTime on my personal phone and they both do not have that number enabled. Does anyone know how I can get the watch to send these from the right line?

2. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

And the Watch is connected to your personal phone?

3. cjrzasa thread starter macrumors member

Yup. It's really bizarre. I actually found a less than ideal fix but I'm hoping somebody here can help me find a better one. I had to turn off iMessage and FaceTime on my work phone in order for the number to disappear from all my devices and now it sends from the correct number. Unfortunately this isn't exactly a good fix because I'd like to be able to use iMessage on my work phone. Thoughts?

4. status.six macrumors newbie

I just wanted to say I'm having this issue too. I have a 6+ which is my 'main' phone and a 5S which I keep for occasions when the 6+ is too big. The 5S has it's own SIM and number but I never pass it out as with iMessage and call divert unless I make an outgoing call from my 5S nobody knows I'm using it.

Now my watch has decided to latch onto the number in for the 5S and use this of OG messages even though every setting on all my devices points to the primary number in the 6+ :(

If I reply within a conversation it seems fine, the issue only occurs when I start a new message chain from the watch.

Strangely I think some people are seeing the message come from the correct 'primary' number while others a randomly seeing the 5S secondary number.

This is very annoying as I try to keep the number of the 5S under the radar for days when I want a quiet life ;)

5. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

I had this as well, you need to make sur each phone is using the correct number for sending/receiving calls in iMessage. If they're using the same Apple ID they can get confused.