Watch series 3 Battery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by theiphoner, Oct 9, 2017.

1. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

I upgraded my series 0 sports watch to a series 3 Nike at the weekend, charged it to 100% at 5pm on Saturday evening and at 9pm today, Monday it still has 29%, admittedly I’ve not been overly active over this period due to a few reasons but I’m finding the battery life amazing compared to the series 0 which needed to be charged after about 12-13 hours.

Big improvement, for anyone on the fence about changing a series 0 for 3 the battery life alone is enough to upgrade

Cheers

2. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

I’ve been wearing mine since 7am; it’s nearly 10pm now and the battery is on 67%. During the day I set my cellular connection up and tried it (I also left my phone on charge by mistake so the watch connected to cellular for a while then). A good start.

3. predation macrumors 65816

You can get a solid 5 hrs on lte only. I am getting about that without calls. Just notifications. Little replies here and there.

Assuming you have excellent cell coverage wherever you are.

4. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

Not activated LTE coverage yet, still deciding if the change from o2 to EE is worth it.

The battery finally gave up the ghost at 5.10pm Tuesday, 72 hours on a single charge seems pretty damn good, hopefully not just a once off

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I can easily get that on my S3. My S0 would have about 40% at the end of a 16 hour day. My S3 has 82% left after the end of a 16 hour day. Its been this way 5 days in a row now. I have yet to see it drop below 80%.

6. flur macrumors 68020

flur

I’ve been seeing this as well, ending the day with over 85%. I was nervous about it running in LTE for too long, that it would run the battery down. I’ve no concerns there anymore.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That battery is indeed much better. I’m surprised, myself. In actually able to use this thing as a sleep tracker now AND go on runs every morning.

I make sure to slap it on the charger while I shower after a run and then before bed for maybe half an hour or so. This way I get benbed full.

I could probably go longer but I figure a routine is better than just charging as needed. I’ve also been using my phone a lot less.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I suppose my battery isn't showing a good reading yet given that yesterday it went from 100% to 91% in a 24 hour period. Today, it's down to 73% (from 91% start) & I have about 13 hours left until the next 24 hr period is left. This is actually pretty good battery life.

My configuration: Nike Series 3 LTE but not registered with a carrier. I suspect that's why I have better battery life. I probably won't register it. I'll carry the music & as long as the GPS is accurate enough, I'll be fine with working out. I usually carry my phone with me anyhow.