Watch Shipping Not back ordered? or Shady Apple Rep

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kring, Sep 18, 2017.

1. kring macrumors regular

kring

So an Apple rep just told me that there are no delays or back orders on any of the series 3 watches, that all orders will all ship on 9/22 according to their system now. I feel likes it's BS, since very rarely in all my experience have they ever mis-quoted by much shipments. what's your guys thoughts here?

I'm leaning toward shady tactics by this rep to get an order from me:

• Oh, that’s correct! Actually, the pre-order is going right now and the way to be able to receive it is via mail, however, no worries! I’d be happy to check if reserving one would work in your area, may I have your zip code, please?

thanks - 06019

would be the west hartford store

Thanks for providing that! Let me just check that here.

thanks

Okay, thanks for waiting!

As per checking here, it would be really great if reserving one or making an appointment for pickup is available, however, pre-ordering it online gives us the shipping option only.

What we can do here is to preorder here online and receive it on the 22nd! How’s that? Will that be an option for you?

sure, that works.

Perfect! I’d be glad to help you create a bag for you! May I know, if you already have a specific Apple Watch Series 3 + Cellular you’re eyeing on?

yes, the space black stainless with black sports band

Gotcha! Thanks! Let me just prepare your bag here.

great, thanks

You’re most welcome!

And oh, by the way, while I’m creating your bag here, have you ever heard of AppleCare+?

yes, I have on current watch

Perfect! That’s a really great protection for your investment! Would you like me to add that as well?

And also, would that be the 38mm or 42mm one?

42mmm yes add applecare please

View Shared Items

You just need to click on "Add all to bag" once you've opened that bag and proceed to checkout after that, cool?

A few gentle reminders, you'll receive an order confirmation email after the order is placed.

yes, I'm at check out now, afterwards you adjust the shipping for 9/22?

Yes! That’s correct! However, just to set your expectation, the shipping would start on the 22nd, but, it might change due to its availability.

But, you don’t have to worry about it, we’ll do our best to ship the Apple Watch to you as early as the 22nd.

sure, but it won't be the date it's quoting of end of October?

the shipping of my order would be the 22nd, or just the sale to people in general? mine of which is over a month away?

Oh, no, that’s only on the website, but, as per our information here, shipping would start on the 22nd, so, there would be no chance of shipping that at the end of October, that’s already for too long.

ok, thanks.

2. bevsb2 macrumors 68000

I hope you got good info as I just ordered this morning when I saw shipping slipped to 3-4 weeks. I planned to pick one up in the store so I could use a gift card but ordered online in case that doesn't happen. Good luck with your order.

3. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

Keep in mind that you can pro-rate your AppleCare from your old device to your new one. I.e 2 years left can transfer to new Apple Watch.

4. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Isn’t that only for the first 30 days of owing your original product?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202712

5. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Not shady tactics, just an uninformed rep. You can expect your watch in 3-4 weeks as the App, Web site, and even from the in-store reps are telling customers.

If you really want on 9/22 then plan stand in line to see if any inventory hits your local retail store.

Dave

7. ZipZap macrumors 603

You can get a refund of the unused time on any AppleCare. I dont think you can move it from one device to another.

8. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe