Watch size opinions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by daviedave, Sep 2, 2016.

1. daviedave macrumors member

daviedave

Hi guys,

So i currently own an aws 38mm. I love it, but sometimes i wonder if i should get aw2 (which i will) in 42mm size. What do you guys think? Current 38mm looks fine to me anyways :)

http://imgur.com/xXefSVX

2. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

38mm looks like a good fit for your wrist, but it all comes down to which is more comfortable. I have 175-180mm wrists (depending on which one and where I measure). I tried on both sizes in the store just over a year ago. At first I was struck at how close the two sizes are in person. The 38mm was not as small as I expected, and the 42mm was not as large as I expected. I tried both sizes on with several different band types and I just couldn't get the 42mm to sit comfortably on my wrist. I kept fiddling with it and adjusting the strap, but it just felt odd. When I tried the 38mm on it just felt right without any fiddling, and I thought it looked better on my wrist size.

I have never given it another thought, because I have been so happy with the 38mm size. It won't hurt to try the 42mm on in the store again. If all things are equal on the comfort and fit level, and you like how the 42mm looks on your wrist, why not have a little extra screen real-estate? On the other hand, if you are happy with the 38mm then you save enough on the next Apple Watch purchase to buy another watch band!

Sean

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It something you got to live with and you should make the choice.:rolleyes:

4. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Remember, AW is about displaying data and interacting with it...so, the bigger the better as long as it does not look silly.

5. daviedave thread starter macrumors member

daviedave

That's a good point, thanks dude! I also have 175mm sized wrists and felt the 38mm looks good with it. I think i'm going for 38mm steel with milanese loop then.