watch "space x Falcon"launch EDIT: There has been an "Anomaly"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by macbookairman, Aug 2, 2008.

1. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

2. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

3. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Launching in 10 Minutes. Live feed is still up.

4. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

They launched, but "there has been an anomaly on the vehicle. more info to follow from mission control". I wonder what happened.

5. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Doesn't anomaly in space flight pretty much = catastrophic failure? What was the rocket carrying anyway?

6. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

i attached a picture of what the rockets payload was. but when i was watching the live feed, everything seemed normal, the rocket took off, and about a minute later, the feed from the rocket went black. then the it switched to the commentator people, and they were asking each other what happened. then the guy said "there has been an anomaly" then the live video feed ended. hopefully nothing bad happened.

more info on the rocket and its payload here: http://www.spacex.com/SpaceX_F1-003_PressKit.pdf

Attached Files:

7. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

rocket lost

todays launch was the third attemp at getting one of space x's rockets into space. unfortunately' the rocket has been lost,making 3 failures out of 3 attempts. NASA is planning to rely on space x to deliver items to the space staion once the space shuttle retires and a new spacecraft is developed. It is unknown at this time if NASA will continue to rely on space x after their third failure. Also of note, besides the payload mentioned in the post above, the craft was also carrying a cache of cremated human remains. (an astronaut and a star from the show star trek)